Even though we are located on an Island we want to give our guests the most luxurious and memorable culinary experience. Through breakfast, lunch and dinner our guests are served with sophisticated and globally inspired dishes prepared with the freshest local ingredients.
Our menu focuses on the fresh fish we get from the lake and the nearby Pacific Ocean, and we think that as long as the ingredients are excellent, you can keep the recipes simple and the flavor will shine on its own.
A typical menu at Jicaro:
- Bananas Foster Pancakes with Flor de Caña Rum.
- Housemade Granola with Yogurt and Fruit Sliced to Order.
- Huevos Nicaraguenses with Gallo Pinto, local cheese and plantains.
- Avocado Toast served with eggs to order.
- Fresh Fish of the day Ceviche
- Market Vegetable Salad with seasonal vegetables, like roasted beets, avocado over greens with grapefruit citronette dressing.
- Pulled Chicken Sandwich braised with tamarind, served with fresh coleslaw.
- Jicaro Burger with caramelized onions and peppers.
- Garlic Shrimp Fish Tacos.
Cocktails and Drinks
- CaipiNica – local rum, soda, sugar and lime.
- Jicaro Sangria – red wine, sugar syrup, tropical fruit, orange and soda.
- Jicarito – Tequila, pinapple juice, organge juice and soda.
- Locally brewed craft beers.
- Chilean and Argentine Organic and Biodynamic Wines
- Fresh Watermelon Salad with Feta cheese and balsamic vinegar dressing.
- Red Beans, Heart of Palm, Spinach Quesadilla.
- Rum Caramel Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Grass-fed beef steak with Chimichurri Sauce.
- Spicy Coconut Shrimp.
- Baked Guapote or Tilapia fish, caught in Lake Nicaragua.
- Frozen Banana coated in Nicaraguan chocolate and cashews.
- Freshly prepared sorbets with Seasonal Fruits.