We are excited you have chosen Jicaro for your upcoming holidays and we would like to help you out on the final preparation stages for your trip with a few tips on what to pack and the documents you need:
What should you bring on a vacation to Jicaro Island?
• Lightweight, comfortable hiking or walking shoes (waterproof is preferable).
• Water shoes or sandals.
• Lightweight, casual clothing appropriate for hiking, such as light pants, shorts and shirts.
• Our dress code at the property is completely informal, so do not worry about bringing dinner jackets or formal apparel.
• Don’t forget your bathing suit.
• Sunscreen and insect repellent.
• Light raincoat when visiting us during the rainy season.
• Camera equipment and plenty of film /memory cards (batteries and chargers).
• Binoculars if you have them.
• Basic medical kit (Aspirin, Plasters, Imodium, Antiseptic Cream, Anti-Histamine Cream, etc.)
To enter Nicaragua at the international airport or from any other country, the visitor must present a valid passport (which does not expire for at least six months). To leave Nicaragua by air at the International Airport, there is currently a departure tax of US $10. (subject to change). Entry visas are not required for U.S. and European Citizens. Please consult us for restrictions to some specific countries.
Yes.The only thing you should be afraid of when thinking about a trip to Nicaragua and Jicaro Island Lodge is that you might not want to leave ever again. Nicaragua has had its share of negative publicity in the past, but today it is one of the safest countries to travel to in all of Latin America