A packing list for a Nicaragua Vacation
When going on vacation it is important to make sure that you pack everything that you need while also keeping your bag as light as possible. Here you can see some recommendations for clothing, shoes, and other items, that you may consider bringing on your vacation.
Breathable and Quick Drying clothes are very important. It can get very hot (and wet depending on when you visit). Here are some suggestions on clothing to bring to
- Shorts (khaki and athletic)
- Casual light pants
- Light rain coat
- Sweater if you plan on hiking up some volcanoes or being in the mountains
- Socks and underwear.
- And don’t forget your swimsuit!
There are a lot of adventurous and leisurely activities in Nicaragua. Having the correct footwear can make those activities even more enjoyable. Here are some suggestions on the footwear to bring to Nicaragua:
- Closed-toed hiking shoes
- Running/Walking shoes
- Sandals or flip flops
Here are some other items to consider bringing to Nicaragua for your vacation with Cayuga Collection:
- Bug Spray (for the rainforest hikes)
- Small backpack or fanny pack for hikes and day trips
- Spanish/English Phrasebook for those who want to practice Español!
- Re-usable water bottle
LEAVE IT HOME!
- Electric convertors (For American and Canadian travelers) – The plugs in Nicaragua are the same as in the U.S. or Canada.
- Cell Phone and i-gadets – Unless you already have it set up to work in Nicaragua. BE CAREFUL! The rate for calling from a cell phone can be very expensive.